Sunday, January 10, 2016

Goals for this New Year

I do not usually make New years resolutions. I either end up losing the paper I wrote them on or just forget them.
So this year is a clean slate.

1. Pray more.
I forget. A lot. It is horrible I know. After watching "War Room" I was very convicted in my prayer life and how lazy I was with it. So, I cleaned out a spot in my closet, hung up prayer notes, and now plan to pray in there every night.

2. Become better with people.
This is a weird resolution. But, I am hoping to dive into ministry and that is meeting and helping many people. I want to join more things, not sure what yet, just to work on my people skills. Socialization tires me out easily and I want to work on that.

3. Become more involved with my church.
I am thinking helping with the nursery or cleaning. Once I get my license I plan to do something.

4. Start tutoring.
Learning is something I highly value and love. Reading, writing and spelling are the subjects I would like to teach. Once I am fluent in ASL I would love to teach that.

5. Graduate

I am 16 and graduating early. I am hoping to start online college through BJU and begin a counseling course. I have big goals and dreams, but really all I want is my life to line up with God's plan.

So there it is. I could write a lot more, but I won't. I believe 2016 is going to be a wonderful year. I have amazing friends who inspire me, parents who support me, and a God who never leaves me.

Let's not be ordinary in 2016, lets be extraordinary. ~Shandi

2 comments:

  1. These are such great resolutions, I totally line up with 1 and 2 and the heart behind the others:) We will be extraordinary- we ARE extraordinary <3

    ReplyDelete