Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hello everyone :)
So, I was reading in my "Philosophy, 100 Essential Thinkers" book about Thallus of Miletus, who was the first known philosopher. It was talking about how he viewed the world and he claimed that the earth floats on water. When there is an earthquake, it is due to the waves when they are rough. I don't know why that was so fascinating and humorous to me. But, if you did not know how things worked in the world at all, that would be a logical conclusion. It just goes to show how far we have come with bright philosophers, and (thankfully) Christian philosophers. I have been really into philosophy lately, it interests me to see how minds back then and now work. Genius conclusions have been made, but not all are correct. But we do have the most true and reliable source, of course, the Bible. But not everyone believes in the Bible. This is particularly difficult when trying to explain Creation vs. Evolution to someone who completed denies the Word of God. That is why, I think, it is important to be able to defend Creation without using verses. Learn the science side of it, that is what they want to hear. Tell them it is impossible for something to come out of nothing, it has never been done and never will be done. Ask them why there are no fossils that have shown the process of Evolution at all. People have gone to desperate measures trying to prove Evolution, including making a fossil out of various bones that add up with Evolution. So this probably has nothing to do with Thallus, but hey, had to get it out lol :) So anyways, thoughts? Questions? I would love to hear your take on Evolution vs. Creation....or philosophy. Thanks for reading my rambling post! -Shandi

creds to "Philosophy, 100 Essential Thinkers"  by Philip Stokes for the Thallus of Miletus info.)

1 comment:

  1. I saw this come up in my blogger dash and got a little giddy when I saw the word :3 I want to read that now too. That is hilarious about the waves. I mean it does make sense!!! We actually just talked about this tonight in church, Mr. C is doing some of the same apologetics from our S.S. class in the Prayer Meeting devo. Sometimes people disclaim using science or philosophy- but it's totally Biblical, God Himself points to Creation as a witness to him, in Romans 1!! No, it can't save them, and is no substitute for the Bible- but it can bring them to the Bible, and that is the goal through any witness we use. Now I'm rambling too haha. Good post <3

    ReplyDelete